We are committed to protecting your privacy and information.
Last Updated: 8 April 2020
It will notify you of the following:
- What information does BuyerCall collect?
- How does BuyerCall collect your information?
- How does BuyerCall use your information?
- How does BuyerCall disclose and share your information?
- How does BuyerCall secure your information?
- How does BuyerCall handle changes, notifications and history?
- What are your rights concerning the access, correction or deletion of your information?
- How can you contact us?
Please note that this policy applies only to the BuyerCall Website and Services and does not apply to any third-party websites linked to our Website or Services. Please check the privacy policies of those websites for more information.
1. What information does BuyerCall collect?
We recognize the need for consumers to control the use and management of their personal information (“Personal Information”). If you are visiting our Website to browse or find information about BuyerCall’s products or services, you do not need to provide any personal information about yourself or about any other person. If, however, you decide to contact us, register or make use of our Services, we will collect information so that we can provide you with the product or service you requested.
By Personal Information we mean information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. BuyerCall’s Website or Services may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a consumer or device.
The types of Personal Information we collect through our Website or Services (which may overlap between categories) includes, but is not limited to:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number or other similar identifiers.|
|Additional Personal Information||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.|
|Personal Characteristics||Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or Similar Network Activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation Data||Physical location or movements.|
|Sensory Data||Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.|
|Professional or Employment-Related Information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
2. How does BuyerCall collect your information?
Your information may be collected by the following mechanisms, through:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or Services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest, promotion, or sweepstakes sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our Website or Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your submission of stories to us about your experience with BuyerCall.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or Services and/or the fulfilment of your orders or requests. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or Services.
- Indirect observation of your actions on our Website through automated information collection methods.
- Automated Information Collection - Like most website operators, we collect certain information automatically, without your input, of the sort that web browsers and servers and social media typically make available, such as your internet connection, operating system, browser type, language preference, referring site or source, location data, and other usage details. Our purpose in collecting this automatic information is to better understand how our visitors use the Website or Services. This information, and information about internet IP, as well as the date and time web pages are visited, are stored in various security and traffic logs. Our service provider reviews these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless we are tracking down a technical problem or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct, we do not trace specific user sessions.
BuyerCall, will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. Further, we aim to comply with all the requirements of COPPA. We will not collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our products, services and website are directed toward individuals over the age of 13.
3. How does BuyerCall use your information?
BuyerCall uses the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, as follows for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfil or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery/implementation. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders. If you submit a story about your experience with BuyerCall we may post that story on our Website or Services, without identifying you by name or address.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website or Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize our Website or Services experience.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website or Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
In addition, to:
- Present our Website or Services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To service your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or Services.
- To contact you about potential hiring opportunities.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you submit an order request through our Website or Services, you may receive an email confirmation from our system. As your order status changes, you may also receive notifications via email. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We may also periodically send you email concerning products or services and newsletters. Any such notification will include instructions for opting out of future mailings. We do not store your sensitive credit card data; any credit card transactions are handled through a third-party PCI compliant gateway.
4. How does BuyerCall disclose and share your information?
BuyerCall may disclose your personal information to a third-party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors and service providers.
- Data aggregators.
- Third parties with whom we partner to offer products and services to you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
In addition, we may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BuyerCall, our customers, or others.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we disclose information provided by you are obligated to protect your information on our behalf. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party advertisers or for any other web sites reached through links from our site.
BuyerCall does not sell or rent your information to any third parties. We will also never sell or trade your information to unrelated third parties without your consent.
5. How does BuyerCall secure your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected. Our Website and Services are hosted in a data center which makes use of multiple levels of redundant firewalls and database encryption to protect your information. Internally, we limit access to your information to those employees or agents whom we believe have reasonable need to use the information to provide products or services to you, or to perform their jobs.
The collection of any sensitive information is processed using SSL encryption technology. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
All credit card transactions are handled by a PCI compliant third-party credit card processing merchant and are encrypted. The payment information we do keep is in a redacted form and is limited to the: credit card's brand; the last 4 digits; the expiration date. This is done to assist with remind you of any billing related issues.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website or Services.
6. How does BuyerCall handle changes, notifications and history?
BuyerCall reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website or Services and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website or Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
We may send you notifications via email in order to communicate with you and service your BuyerCall account. These communications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. While we will send emails, we cannot guarantee delivery. You are responsible for providing a valid email address and for updating it when your address changes.
7. What are your rights concerning the access, correction or deletion of your information?
You have the right to request that BuyerCall provide, correct or delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions as outlined in this policy. You may contact us via the contact information provided at the end of this policy. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will take the appropriate action.
A verifiable consumer request:
- Provides enough information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describes your request with enough detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
The following should be noted regarding verifiable consumer requests:
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
- Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may deny your request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
8. How can you contact us?
You may contact the BuyerCall support team at email or call us at 773-546-9660 concerning privacy issues related to:
- Sending us a verifiable consumer request to access, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us (twice within a 12-month period)